A history of finding investment value
A deep client lineup
Founded in 1984, Securian Asset Management, manages more than $37 billion for institutional clients, including corporations, endowments and foundations, government entities, insurance companies, and pension plan managers. We also manage mutual funds, retirement investments and variable insurance fund investments for financial advisors and their clients.
- Advantus renames to Securian Asset Management, Inc. effective May 1, 2018
- The name change aligns with our parent company, Securian Financial Group, Inc., and helps highlight our external asset management capabilities. It is not a result of a change in ownership or control.
- Strategic Credit Income strategy established, investing across fixed income sectors, industries, and credit rating categories
- Advantus reaches $40 billion of assets under management.
- Advantus acquires assets of NorthShore Advisors, LLC
- Advantus reaches $30 billion in assets under management
- Advantus affiliates with AAM, a specialist in insurance asset management
Managed Volatility Strategy established, investing for total return while controlling risk
Strategic Dividend Income strategy established, investing in diversified real assets, including REITs, utilities, oil and gas, and infrastructure
Advantus assets under management grow to $20 billion
Long Duration Fixed Income strategies provide access to investment grade corporate bonds with over 9.5 year duration
Insurance asset manager Minnesota Mutual Life Insurance Company (MMLIC) Asset Management merges with Advantus Capital Management
Real Estate Securities strategy launched. Invests in Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITS) and commercial real estate securities
Full Duration Fixed Income strategy provides access to investment grade public bonds with 3.5 to 5.5 year duration
Private Placement strategy provides access to privately placed bonds
Advantus Capital Management founded